Struggletown Vet Hospital
Updated 10 August 2020
Our thoughts and love are with our clients and local community through this evolving pandemic. To ensure we can continue to service you and your pets, we have made the difficult decision to make some changes in the way we provide our services to ensure everyone’s safety.
It is important to note it is imperative that we all do our part to keep our curve flat and avoid a second wave of the virus as restrictions start to ease. We also need to keep our staff safe so that we can remain open to be able to service your furbabies.
Thank you to all of our wonderful clients who have been so understanding with the recent restrictions imposed by us of not being able to enter the consult rooms. This is changing.
As of Wednesday the 1st of July, we are again going to allow clients into the consult rooms with their pets in a limited manner. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE SPECIAL RESTRICTIONS OUTLINED BELOW TO ENSURE WE MAINTAIN THE 4 SQAURE METRE PER PERSON RULE.
We understand this is a significant change and will cause difficulty for some clients. We ask for your understanding as we get through this crisis together. This situation is very fluid, and things may change at any stage as required.
If your animal requires a consultation, please call ahead on02 9398 8000 to make a booking. We are extending our consultation times to 30 minute consults to accommodate the changes. We are able to offer TeleMedicine consultations as well for where it may be suitable (this will be determined on the phone when you ring for a booking). Walk in consultations will not be avoided if at all possible (emergencies will be catered for where possible).
AS OF MONDAY THE 27TH JULY, DUE TO THE INCREASE IN COVID CASES IN THE SYDNEY AREA, WE WILL BE INSISTING ON ALL CUSTOMERS ENTERING OUR BUILDING WEARING FACE MASKS. IF YOU DO NOT WEAR A FACE MASK YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ACCESS TO OUR BUILDING. WE ARE DOING THIS TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE AND TO ALLOW US TO STILL LET YOU INTO THE CONSULT ROOMS WITH YOUR PET – PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO MAKE EXCEPTIONS AS THERE WILL NOT BE ANY!
When you arrive for your appointment please phone us on 02 9398 8000 so we can let you into the waiting room or advise you to wait in the car till there is room in the waiting room. PLEASE DO NOT JUST WALK INTO THE BUILDING, IN FACT YOU MIGHT FIND IT LOCKED. There have to be restrictions still to keep everyone safe, and we kindly ask the following:
- Firstly of course, do not enter the building if you are at all unwell or showing any flu-like symptoms.
- Only one owner and one animal into the waiting room/building (max of 2 owners and animals at any one time). You may notice that the waiting room looks empty, but we have to enforce this rule so that when people exit the consult room there are not too many people in an enclosed space
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entry into the waiting room.
- Please stay seated on the 2 chairs that are placed over red crosses in the waiting room.
- The vet will come out and first speak to you in the waiting room to get as much information as possible before entering the consult room together – the aim is to minimise close contact time in a small enclosed space.
- You and your pet will then enter the consult room with the vet for examination together and discussion. (only one owner in with each pet).
- If your animal requires any bloodwork, or nurse help to get any samples or give any treatments, then to maintain the appropriate distancing either your pet will be taken out to the treatment room to be done with a nurse, or you may be asked to leave the consult room while a nurse enters – THIS IS A GOVT RESTRICTION, PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO MAKE EXCEPTIONS.
- We will try to limit owner time in the consult rooms to 10 minutes or less, so please do not be offended if we ask you to step outside if things are taking a while.
- During the consult, please sit on the chairs provided in the consult rooms for clients and only approach the examination table if asked to do so by the vet.
- Payment and future bookings will be made at the front desk (still only cashless payments)
- Please keep the 1.5m social distancing by staying in marked spots and staying behind the red tape when approaching the front desk.
- We ask clients to please not touch the products on shelves, but ask for assistance if you would like to discuss or purchase any products (this will allow us to clean and disinfect properly).
As of Monday 29th June we will be closing at 9pm on weekdays (weekend hours are as normal).
We are only accepting cashless payments via EFTPOS or credit card at this stage still
Any medication, flea/tick product or food should be ordered and paid for ahead of arrival to reduce waiting times. On arrival, please call us and we will deliver to you at the back gate, or ask you inside if there is room.
If you have returned from overseas in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who has, or been in contact with a known covid 19 positive person within the last 14 days, are covid 19 positive, are supposed to be self-quarantining/isolating for any reason, or are showing any respiratory illness symptoms, are feeling unwell, PLEASE STAY AT HOME. Our friendly staff and can discuss with you the best way to get the necessary treatment for your animal.
We thank all our clients for your patience over the coming weeks in these unprecedented times.
Ready to book an appointment?
Give us a call today!
Struggletown Veterinary Hospital
Monday to Friday: 7:30am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm